End of Year COVID-19 Considerations
Current precautions being implemented at Future School
- All students and staff and visitors have their temperature checked each morning upon arrival.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times unless eating or outside and able to social distance
- Students stay in their advisories (one classroom) with their advisor and advisory members (small cohort) all day.
- Lunch has been split into three groups, so each student shares lunch only with students in their grade level. This helps limit the number of people each student shares space with.
- The school is deep-cleaned every Wednesday.
- All students are given the option of attending school virtually, in-person, or a blend of the two. This helps reduce the number of students on campus at any one time.
- Physical students are released from school at 2:00. This way, virtual students who need additional support are welcome to come to school between 2:00 and 4:00 to meet with their teachers while other students are not on campus.
- Our point of contact for all things COVID related is Allison Montiel, our principal and school nurse.