Dear Future School Community: A new school year is upon us and with that, a lot of excitement and planning. A good deal of our summer has been spent collaborating on ways to better serve our students and school community. One aspect of that is cell phone usage in Future School classrooms.
Moving forward, the use of cell phones is prohibited in classrooms unless the instructor has a valid, instructional purpose for the use of the cell phone. This is intended to prevent loss of learning during instructional time, as well as eliminate classroom distractions.
Future School has a fully-manned phone system with employees ready to take and deliver any messages to students during instructional time.
The following procedures will be in place for the 2023-2024 school year
- Students will follow the clearly posted procedures for cell phones in each classroom or will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Cell phones are prohibited from exam rooms during state assessments.
- Students must place cell phones in their bag or the cell phone locker for the duration of each class.
- Students may not leave the classroom during instructional time with their cell phones. Cell phones must remain in the classroom either in the students bag or in the cell phone locker for the duration of the class period.
- If at any time a student refuses to place their cello phone in the student’s bag or in the cell phone locker, the student will be require to go home along with the cell phone as an UNEXCUSED absence.
- Refusal to follow procedures = 1 day loss privilege*
- 2nd offense = 1 week loss of privilege*
- 3rd offense = 6 weeks loss of privilege*
- *Privilege – the ability to bring a cell phone into the main building and use it during permitted time. The loss of privilege in this case means that the student will not be allowed to have their cell phone at all during the school day. If a cell phone MUST be brought to school, it will remain in a locked drawer in the office until the close of the school day.